Project GeoSim is a joint research project of the Departments of
Computer Science and Geography at Virginia Tech.
Project GeoSim Modules
The original Project GeoSim was created in the early 1990s,
written for Microsoft Windows.
We re-wrote a number of the modules as Java Applets in the late
At this time, Java Applets are quickly becoming unsupportable.
Therefore, the only GeoSim module that is current supported is
The following information about the old GeoSim modules is rather old.
We offer this material as-is, but we don't expect it to be reliable.
The original "C" versions of hte Project GeoSim simulations were
developed with the
GeoSim Interface Library (GIL).
- International Population (IntlPop) and Human Population (HumPop)
is a population simulation program.
HumPop is a multimedia tutorial program.
- Migration Modeling (MigModel)
- MigModel is a migration modeling and simulation program.
- Mental Maps (MMap)
- MMap is a geography quiz program.
- Congressional Apportionment (MigPol)
- MigPol simulates the effects of population shifts on the U.S. House
- Sense of Place (SnsPlace)
- SnsPlace focuses on the characteristics of U.S. counties and states.
For information about GeoSim, contact us at:
shaffer AT cs DOT vt DOT edu.
Last updated: 01/08/2015.