Project GeoSim is a joint research project of the Departments of
Computer Science and Geography at Virginia Tech.
Project GeoSim Modules Available
The following GeoSim modules are currently available:
The original "C" versions of hte Project GeoSim simulations were
developed with the
GeoSim Interface Library (GIL).
- Human Population (HumPop) and International Population (IntlPop)
- HumPop is a multimedia tutorial program.
IntlPop is a population simulation program.
- Migration Modeling (MigModel)
- MigModel is a migration modeling and simulation program.
- Mental Maps (MMap)
- MMap is a geography quiz program.
- Congressional Apportionment (MigPol)
- MigPol simulates the effects of population shifts on the U.S. House
- Sense of Place (SnsPlace)
- SnsPlace focuses on the characteristics of U.S. counties and states.
For information about GeoSim, contact us at:
shaffer AT cs DOT vt DOT edu.
Last updated: 07/07/2006.